IDGA surveyed those in the Surface Warships Community. We found out;
- Budget priorities in the next 12-24 months
- Their biggest challenges when preparing for naval expansion
- Their opinion on what the best method to outgun the enemy at sea will be
- What do they see as the biggest threat to the United States Navy
- and more!
If you prefer to receive a copy via email contact us at IDGA@idga.org
While global naval budgets are increasingly constrained, the current threat context is forcing allies to re-assess their capabilities and to look into their future procurement.
We asked more than 500 military and industry officials to share their priorities in terms of procurement, challenges, and what the key trends will be in the upcoming years. Their views are supported by an insight into the current global naval market.
In preparation for the 2018 Surface Warships Summit, we wanted to exclusively share these past presentations with you. Below you will find expert content on:
- US Naval Warship Engineering Priorities: Dr. Edward S. Ammeen, Ph.D Director for Marine Engineering, Naval Sea Systems Command US Navy
- GE Marine Gas Turbine Propulsion for Frigates: George Awiszus, Director of Military Marine Marketing, General Electric
- Impacts On The U.S. Navy’s Ship Capability Strategy: Gloria L. Valdez, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Ships), Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Navy Research
- DARPA’s Activities in Relation to UUV, USV and Mission Systems: Dr. Jim Galambos, Program Manager, Strategic Technology Office, DARPA
- Methods to Modernize the Fleet Using Information Warfare Tools: Captain William Lintz, Commanding Officer – Center for Information Warfare Training, U.S. Navy
George Awiszus, Director of Military Marine Marketing, at General Electric presents on Marine Gas Turbine Propulsion for Frigates.
Gloria L. Valdez, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Ships), Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Navy Research, presents on the impacts of the U.S. Navy's ship capability strategy.
Dr. Jim Galambos, Program Manager, Strategic Technology Office, DARPA, presents on activities relating to UUV, USV and Mission Systems.